Pain Care Clinic Therapists
Pain Care Clinic therapists are all fully qualified massage therapists with additional training in advanced massage techniques and myofascial release or MFR . They share a commitment to ethical and professional massage practice. All Pain Care Clinic client’s benefit from their therapists’:
- Specialist knowledge of acute injuries and chronic pain conditions
- Particular experience of work-related RSI conditions
- Confident and effective approach to ‘difficult to treat’ chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Sports massage experience
- Willingness to offer information and explanations
- Supportive and empowering attitude so clients can help themselves
- Ongoing commitment to developing their advanced skills
Amanda is a business graduate with an MBA. She is also an ITEC qualified massage therapist. Amanda held senior positions with UK and overseas companies for over 20 years. It was her personal experience of recovery from a prolapsed disc and RSI that inspired Amanda to start the Pain Care Clinic.
A keen amateur sportswoman, Amanda played rugby for Saracens and London Region for several years, following which she took up long distance running and successfully completed the London and Edinburgh marathons.
Amanda first qualified in the UK with ITEC diplomas in holistic and sports massage. She has since progressed to advanced training in the following disciplines in the UK and the USA:
- Myofascial Release (with John Barnes)
- Craniosacral Therapy (Upledger Institute)
- Visceral Manipulation (Jean Pierre Barral)
- Manual Therapy (The Centre For Professional Development in Osteopathy)
- Musculo-skeletal Anatomy (The Jing Institute)
- Advanced Clinical Massage (The Jing Institute)
In addition to practising advanced massage therapy Amanda regularly writes for industry publications, and teaches massage.
Amanda in her own words: “I enjoy working with clients as every day and every session is different. As well as helping people, I find that I am always learning something new about how the body works.”
**MELANIE SMITH IS CURRENTLY ON A BREAK AND WILL BE RETURNING TO PAIN CARE CLINIC LATER IN 2013.**
Melanie is a consultant therapist at Pain Care Clinic. She works at the Brighton & Hove clinic.
Melanie is an ITEC qualified massage therapist with additional advanced training in deep tissue work, myofascial release and pregnancy massage.
Before joining Pain Care Clinic Melanie worked as a massage therapist in a sports centre, dealing with a range of sports injuries, and at RSI Clinics, specialising in massage therapy for work-related pain conditions. Melanie has been teaching advanced massage to other therapists since 2006, and has a special interest in massage therapy for digestive disorders. Melanie’s advanced training includes:
- Anatomy Trains (James Earl)
- Carpal Tunnel Therapy (The Jing Institute)
- Craniosacral Therapy 1: Working with Trauma (Upledger Institute)
- Deep Tissue Massage (The Wilbury School)
- Palpatory Anatomy of the Belly: Digestive System (Marty Ryan)
- Visceral Manipulation (Jo Crill)
Melanie in her own words: “I find massage practice creative and freeing, and I love the way massage is so beneficial to different body systems.”